Back to folding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if they are not available that often, even one a week would make for alot of points... Although it would be pretty sick if every three days or so you were puping out 50k+ points with just the cpu.

I noticed the newer projects like 5914 and 5911, don't stress my GPU as much. Is that normal? Usually the load is around 60C, but with those projects the load is 50C.

Yha, those were some nasty wus thAt were frying gpus, so they added a slow up/check in the core so it runs than stop, runs then stops.
It cools the gpu, but makes them really long... but at 1888pts its not too bad.

I can't stand those ones. My PSU whines when my 260 is stressed so all hear is: weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pause............................... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............................... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee............................... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...............................

and well you get the point ;)

my 4890 used to be pretty loud. but i'm water cooling it now and its gotten quite a bit softer. dunno why though, haha

^perhaps when the capacitors are above a certain temperature they start making that noise. So since your card is not getting to that point it doesn't make the noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom