AVAST or AVG free???

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
I had avast pro with a crack, but just did not feel safe... will AVG free give me what i need? I used to have Mcafee security center from comcast for free. Which should i use? AVAST pro, Mcafee, or AVG free? a combination of any? I game A LOT! so i cant have it sucking down my pc.

AVG free is amazing, especially since its free. Definitely go with it, if you need a firewall, Windows' will suffice but an alternative would be Zonealarm, also free.

free: AVG
pay: Kaspersky internet security 6
just install kaspersky 6 with the 30 day trial and uninstall and re-install every 30 days lol

I'm using AVG and i have liked the interface but i have had a virus leak through it, now i need to format. Avast is good too, annoying alerts though, it sounds like a nuclear meltdown when it detects a virus. I recommend Antivir, its good, one pet peeve on the free version, in the interface, u can't scan certain directories like a drive, to resolve this just go to my computer and go to which ever folder you want and just right click it, and click scan with antivir.

I had avast pro with a crack, but just did not feel safe... will AVG free give me what i need? I used to have Mcafee security center from comcast for free. Which should i use? AVAST pro, Mcafee, or AVG free? a combination of any? I game A LOT! so i cant have it sucking down my pc.
Didn't feel safe because you were using a crack for a program that's supposed to fend off viri? Makes sense. Avast home edition works in that case. :laughing:

yeah a cracked security program is sort of an oxymoron.

i've used nod32, avg, avast, antivir, norton, and clamwin.

I like avg the best because it's detection is good enough once updated, 99% of the time you get a virus you get the one thats popular at any given time. Its really nice how customizable AVG is, you can disable everything in it and use it as an on demand scanner so windows is running like a brand new fresh install, where other av programs after disabling the services & removing from startup still eat up some ram, you can use avg differently which is a nice option.

All the other av's I listed except clamwin are heavier duty IMO and better at trojans but thats why I use on demand scans with avg antispyware and a squared free, two good anti-spyware & anti-trojan scanners. One scanner will not keep you safe so whatever scanner you choose, be sure to have something behind it for trojans and spyware, AV programs not good for those. Still AVG is good, installed it on my friends pc & once it updated the real time protection found viruses without a scan, it works and is easy to use & light on resources.

YOu have to be careful wt crack you use as you can get unwanted stuff like popups , learn from mistakes my friend. AVG is free reliable and always as updates, i have herd alot about nod32 in computer mags but i think you have to buy it not sure so dont quote me on that:)

Get Kaspersky, it is the best.
Well it has been for me, its the only scanner that has found threats entering my pc...while others didnt.
It catches pretty much everything. You do need a good system for it, it uses up a lot of resources.

Trust me, you wont be disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom