Autosave what you type with Emsa Save my work

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Did you ever experience the loss of a large text that you have written because you did press the wrong button, accidentally closed a window or a program crash ? I did and it really felt terribly to write everything again. I recently read a nice forum discussion about the subject at the Donation Coder blog where the thread starter was asking for a program that would log the text that he was writing to make sure that it would not get lost when something like the above happened.
Some would say that this is the same principle that keyloggers use to record keys and they are basically right. Save my work saves every keystroke and everyone may access those if he knows where to look for them. While keyloggers try to disguise themselves the icon of this program is always accessible from the system tray.
I do however find it quite fascinating that Antivir did not object when I started save my work. The main feature is still the ability to save text automatically and copy / paste it when needed to avoid data loss.
Since Wordpress (the blog software I'm using) introduced a auto save function I'm in no need of such a program anymore but it would have been handy before that. Another easier method would be to simply use CTRL + C to copy the text into the clipboard every now and then.
Save my work could be a security risk as well. It records all keystrokes which means that it also records usernames and passwords of sites that you visit. I would not recommend to start it with Windows, maybe only open it when you open your word processing program / email program and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom