Audigy 2 zs beta drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkop16

Daemon Poster
Hey,

I am in the process of reformatting my computer so my new HD 4870 will have a clean operating system to work on. I was gathering the necessary drivers I needed (ie chipset drivers from intel, lan drivers from ASUS, etc.), and I came across this beta driver for the audigy 2 zs:

|MG| Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 1/2/4 2.18.0000 Beta

Those drivers were updated about a month ago where as creative's realease drivers havn't been updated since 2006:

|MG| Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 1, 2/ZS & 4 02.09.0016

Anybody using these and can vouch for them. Im all up for a update. I was getting snap crackle and pop in a couple newer games (assassin's creed and supcom FA) and would love to try these out.

edit. yeah...Im not seeing alot of good reviews about these beta drivers around the net. But I did find two different modded drivers. The daniel k drivers and the you pax drivers.

...not sure if to trust them or not. Can someone running xp and has at least an audigy card recommend one of these or should I just stick with the 2006 creative drivers ive been using ( the second link)?

Hello,

Are you going to be using Vista or XP? The Beta drivers are a good idea for Vista since they are unlocked finally. While before to get the full benefit of using a Vista driver you had to find a copy of Daniel K's drivers to use.

Cheers,
Mak

Sorry I tried to edit my post fast enough. Im am on XP professional 32-bit. The 2006 drivers arn't bad but again I have been getting some snap crackle and pops in some newer games. So if these drivers are better Ill give them a try.

Hello,

Personally i use the Daniel K drivers on both my Vista and XP setup. I have not tried the Beta drivers as of yet. I think the DK Drivers are just perfect. I have not had any issues with them so i use them.

But the drivers that came with the card for XP should be just fine. I used those till i got the DK Drivers.

Cheers,
Mak

Ok, Ill try the daniel k drivers. I found a torrent link to them but I wanted to make sure I had the right version. It says:

"SBAX_PCDVT_LB_2_15_0004EQ"

Is that the right version? If you could check with what you got, Id greatly appreciate it.

edit: this is where I found the dl link:

*UPDATED* Unofficial Audigy Series Software CD for Win2000 / XP / Server 2003 / Vista 32/64-bit « No More Goat Soup

The file fronts links are dead but the torrent was still active.

edit edit:

I found a more up to date release but it doesn't say its XP ready only vista:

Sound Blaster Audigy series Vista Support Pack - Feb 24 2008 by Daniel Kawakami « No More Goat Soup

But the file front link doesn't work anyways :(

Hello,

Those are the same exact ones i have downloaded and used. So they are the right ones.

Cheers,
Mak

Thanks for the help. All I got to do now is finish up XP updates then install the drivers for my new HD 4870 and the daniel k drivers for my audigy 2 zs.

Can't wait to see what this HD 4870 can do :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom