ATI Radeon 9800 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdominy7

Solid State Member
ati radeon9800 pro

This card is amazing.. If anybody was looking into it, go for it. It's worth every penny. It makes everything so much faster.

WAYYY TOo out of my budget, went with a 9600 XT and now have this guy overclocked to meet with the 9800=) So I really only payed half for what you payed... Oh well I guess you got the one up with the video connections;)

Wtf

Sorry m8, i dissagree with you there. The 9800pro is the best graphics card ive ever had the pleasure of working with and i think that it is very unwise to overclock anything by that level. You do not have the equivalent of a 9800pro because you do not have the right drivers, it may have the same specs but its like having a rolls royce being driven by a 17 year old with a skoda. I'd rather pay that much money for quality graphics that works brilliantly and doesnt take up 2 precious pci slots (thanks a bunch nvidia). SO if anybody is thinking of taking that guys advice and getting a 9600 and overclocking, don't buy a 9800pro preferably with 256mb ddr2 graphics.

I'm saving for the 9800 XT. I'm hoping that by the time I save enough to buy the card, it will go down in price or go on sale. :)

i just built my computer up and bauht the 9600 pro and i just overclocked like a dfew of u said. I would agree though that u really dont need to pay double the price for a card that u can justoverclock aventually. it comes with all the software and withthe computer im using it works just great and i couldn't be happier with it. I would recommend te 9600pro for the value if u have the money for a 9800pro then just buy a all-in-wonder. www.ati.com click multimedia. great card got to love it!

If you are waiting for HL2, like me...make sure the ATI based card comes with the HL2 coupon. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom