ATI price cuts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaming has never been so cheap. Remember when getting a good gaming card had to be a $300 purchase?

it still is in canada :(

ATI has a solid advantage. Since Anandtech showed that the 4870 1gig was clearly faster than the gtx 260 core 216, a lower price makes it a no brainier. You would be nuts to recommend one unless it was on sale for less than a 4870 1gig.

also i just checked that article and it didnt seem clrealy faster nvidia was ahead 4 titles, ati was ahead 3.

not to mention the 50 w diference in idle power usage.

$300 CAD is $244 USD, your not getting screwed, your just forgetting to convert the currency. Remember, unless otherwise stated dollar amounts by default are in USD here since this is primarily a US forum.

$300 CAD is $244 USD, your not getting screwed, your just forgetting to convert the currency. Remember, unless otherwise stated dollar amounts by default are in USD here since this is primarily a US forum.

yes i know this, but the fact remains 300$ is alot of money weather your in either country it is alot to spend on hard ware. lets say both earn the same amount of money per hour it is costing me more to buy the same product you are buying, hense it is still expensive, never did i say we where being screwed, all i said is it is expensive here in canada which the fact remains IT IS, because i dont earn american dollars, i earn in canadain and 300$ is alot to spend. only recently has teh goverment decided to copemsate, for the $$$ diference and that is just in my province to combat the recession, we have raised minumum wage to 9.75 before that it was 8.25.

Your minimum wage is really high, around here it is $6.55 usd or 8.02. Look, to make the same as someone in the us you will be paid more Canadian dollars to equal the us dollars. Lets say we have a programmer here who makes $80k a year, in Canada he would make $100k. The total net worth is the same because currencies are all relative. $1 CAD is less than $1 USD,s o the assertion that you have it bad because you pay more is incorrect. If our prices were higher than your then something would be wrong.

^This is all common sense by the way, I shouldn't have to explain currency conversion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom