ATI Driver Install: Access Denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I download the latest ATI 4870 drivers, i run the installer which extracts to C:\ATI

From there any setup i try to run trys to extract before installation as normal, but almost immediately there is an access denied error.I have checked the security preferences on the C drive and everyone has full controll and write/read enabled. Ofcourse this is a major problem, because it renders my new card pretty useless.

I that issue before. I think that uninstalling the old driver and uninstalling and reinstalling net framework 2.0 (I think it was this one) or 1.1, then installing the latest driver fixed the problem

I that issue before. I think that uninstalling the old driver and uninstalling and reinstalling net framework 2.0 (I think it was this one) or 1.1, then installing the latest driver fixed the problem
Catalyst Control Centre requires .net framework 2.0, but the drivers themselves don't
But I don't think this will be fixed by uninstalling the current drivers. It just looks like the new drivers won't extract to C:\ATI, because it can't get permission for that directory.

Catalyst Control Centre requires .net framework 2.0, but the drivers themselves don't
But I don't think this will be fixed by uninstalling the current drivers. It just looks like the new drivers won't extract to C:\ATI, because it can't get permission for that directory.

this happen the other day on my wife computer after a fresh format. I install the catalyst control panel. it said that it need net framework 2.0 but it still went ahead with the install. I added net framework 2.0 later, but I was getting a goofy screen on start so catalyst control panel wouldn't launch. i tried installing the new driver from amd website over the old one but got this issue. it extracted fine but hitting setup led me to this error.

trying the old driver did the same thing, so I uninstall everything tied to it, reinstall net framework 2.0 1st then the driver and everything worked. it was a weird issue for me though

this happen the other day on my wife computer after a fresh format. I install the catalyst control panel. it said that it need net framework 2.0 but it still went ahead with the install. I added net framework 2.0 later, but I was getting a goofy screen on start so catalyst control panel wouldn't launch. i tried installing the new driver from amd website over the old one but got this issue. it extracted fine but hitting setup led me to this error.
Oreo said that when he tried to install his drivers, they won't even extract.

Oreo,

Maybe your download is corrupt if it wont even extract.

Cheers,
Mak

Oreo,

Maybe your download is corrupt if it wont even extract.

Cheers,
Mak
I don't think so. It'd say that it's corrupt instead of 'access denied'
at least that's the case with any archiving program (self-extracting or not) that I've used.

I'm thinking maybe when he set permissions for C:\ he didn't set child objects to inherit permissions from parent objects

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom