AT&T DSL and VPN router. Need help ASAP

superdave1984

Repeat Offender
I have been asked to fix a problem that has me stumped. The setup was done several years ago and has worked fine until some joe backhoe cut the circuit. Now it doesn't work. Here's the setup:
Motorola Netopia 3347 DSL modem/wireless router. This is configured with IP addresses and such like they want it. They also have 2 wireless networks configured with the Motorola.
It is connected to a Linksys WRV200 for VPN and private internet/wireless. I have no idea why having the circuit cut and repaired would kill the setup, but it seems that it killed the bridge between the two devices.

I can connect everything to the Motorola and everybody has internet, but no VPN to the other site. I can put the computers back on the WRV and they have no internet nor VPN. I have tried using the static IP's, DHCP, etc and no dice.

Yesterday when I was looking at the setup of the Motorola the checkbox for bridge is not checked, nor is the box for bridge/router. I do not know why this didn't jump out at me the day before. My question is, will checking this box reset anything that has already been configured? If that doesn't solve the problem, will unchecking it reset anything? I know with a standard DSL modem when you take it out of bridged mode you have to reset it to defaults. (Or is it the other way around?)
I also wonder if when the circuit was fixed that the external IP changed. Is that possibly the problem here? Maybe the Motorola or the Linksys needs that external IP?

I do NOT want to kill any of what they have set up because there is NO DOCUMENTATION on their VPN setup so I would not be able to set it all back up. They guy who set it up before is no longer around. I could take screen shots of every page in the setup, but I do not have any of the passwords for wireless or VPN accounts.

Back
Top Bottom