Asus WiFi-AP @n Wireless Card not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have figured that either my router does not support 802.11n technology yet (Which would be normal as 802.11n is very new, apparently) or my card does not support 802.11g/b technology...or both.

Do any of you know of a way that I could use my 802.11n card with a 802.11g/b router? I'm sure there is such a possibility...?

802.11n cards are backward compatible. It is only if the router is 802.11b and the WiFi card being 802.11a that you would have issues. Cause they are not forward compatible.

So if you have a n card and a b/g router there should be no issue. If you have a n router and a b/g card there still shouldnt be any issue. Jsut haev to go to the routers wireless page and make sure that it is setup to use teh b/g network.

Mak, I checked my router page and my router is set up to use the b/g network as you said. Maybe there is some problem with my card...As I said in my first post, a utility is installed on my PC that is meant to control my wifi card, but it does not want to work right now. I click the program and nothing happens. So i went into program files and right clicked the executable of the program and selected ''Run as...'' and tried to run it as an administrator. An error came up, saying this:

C:\Program Files\ASUS\WiFi-AP @n\WiFi-AP@n.exe
The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.

I checked from device manager to see if my 802.11n network adapter might be disabled, but it is enabled. What can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom