ASUS Unveils Desktop Eee PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
[DailyTech Source]

ASUS' Eee PC met with surprising success when it was launched last year, offering users a small, simple and cheap notebook to perform basic tasks such as browsing the internet and creating office documents. The company is now planning to try and build on that success by launching a desktop variant of the Eee PC, currently being called the Digital Home System EP20. Unfortunately there are very few confirmed details – all that's known is that it will be smaller than a typical desktop PC and come equipped with the same Linux operating system as the Eee PC (based on Xandros Linux). The system is also expected to feature one of Intel's new Atom processors, which could allow for both single and dual core versions. ASUS commented that prices should start around $199, although DailyTech speculates that the real figure may be closer to $299.

desk_eee.jpg

desk_eee2.jpg

I am very excited about this. This is an incredible step for the industry, a wide spread pc for $200?! Wow. I plan to buy one and put it in my car.

I wish that had been out when I put a pc under my pc. If it can display res of 1280x 720, and only 300 bucks. man I would have gotten that in a heart beat. As long as it can hook up to the internet, and I could give it an external hdd..

It means that it's perfect for browsing the web, and doing boring stuff like typing up reports, spreadsheets ect.

It's bad for some people because i argued with my parents that my current computer would help me type up reports :) lol

haha, I am really hoping that a new Eee laptop comes out, with a tiny bit more performance, I would love one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom