Apple Garage Band Equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Natalie105

Baseband Member
Does anyone recommend any music production software for windows? Garage Band is like the ultimate one but as I don't have a mac, I'll have to go for the second best :p

Garage band? Ultimate? You gotta be kidding :p

I had to use a program for my Music lessons in year9, can't remember the name of it though :( I'll look into it.

:p Everyone goes on about how good it is! My guitar teacher said his friend uses it to pull out guitar parts that you can't normally hear by changing the frequencies or something. Like there's a 12 string acoustic on many of the Black Sabbath songs that can't be heard :p It would come in handy alot for doing solos too.

There are several
For scoring out music Sibelius is the ultimate program (although very expensive), and for putting tracks together and recording Cubase is very good

Acid, ProTools (only works with certain hardware), Adobe Audition (formerly CoolEdit Pro) are a few off hand I remember.

There are several
For scoring out music Sibelius is the ultimate program (although very expensive), and for putting tracks together and recording Cubase is very good

Do you know what version of Sibelius to get? And is it good for picking out guitar parts like solos?

Sibleius is very much for writing the score, its excellent at plaiyng music back, and you can play music to it and it scores it out.

You can change dynamic markings if you want to put in solos...

*Note* This program is very different to Grarage Band, as it can't layer recordings. It just writes out the notation.

Heres an example of it:
SibScreen.jpg

However, as a Garage Band equivalent, Cubase is probably a better piece of software for you, as you can do multi layer recordings of both midi and audio, and move those round and mix em up
Example:
CubScreen.jpg

If you decide on Sibelius, any version would do, i have Sibelius 5, but it costs a lot you may be able to get an earlier version (Sibelius 3) quite a bit cheaper, and they do basically the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom