APPLE $500 Imac MINI is out AND ipod SHUFFLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Headless Mac will be my gateway out of the Window$ world. I've always been interested in Macs and i'll finally get one on the 22nd.

Apple ROCKS!

horndude said:
x86 version costs about $300 if that.

Does that matter? We're talking Macs here, buddy, and $500 for a new mac is about as good as it can get.

Plus, find me parts that are close to the Apple specs for 300 bucks and youll havr your points (to have a chip alone fast enough to compete with a 1.25GHz G4 that would be half of your 300 buck cost, so lets see it.)

VIA C3, in itx form factor, less than $100 for motherboard and CPU and its bus speed is double what the apple's is.Add a 40gig HD, thats what about $35-$50 these days? Plus a dvd/cdrw drive, and RAM, less than $300 easily.

Want to sacrifice that tiny little form factor for micro atx instead, $300 gets you a 2.4ghz or better machine with a bus speed triple the apple's.

edit:
pricewatch is showing a 2ghz VIA C3 MB combo for $74 shipped.

horndude said:
VIA C3, in itx form factor, less than $100 for motherboard and CPU and its bus speed is double what the apple's is.Add a 40gig HD, thats what about $35-$50 these days? Plus a dvd/cdrw drive, and RAM, less than $300 easily.

Want to sacrifice that tiny little form factor for micro atx instead, $300 gets you a 2.4ghz or better machine with a bus speed triple the apple's.

edit:

Can I run OS X on your $300 machine?

And that, for most people, is probably THE reason for buying this computer. And no comments about why Linux is just as good...I know it is, but the masses of iPod using non-computer-savvy WIndows users tired of spyware don't think that way at all.

I'd get one. In fact, this may be what I recommend my dad replace his dying P3 with.

horndude said:

edit:

My shoe is faster than a VIA chip. Come on, youre smart enough not to go on pure clock speed comparison. Now redo it with a real processor.

better check again guy, that apple chip isnt fast either

Face the facts, apple just cant compete in the bang for the $$ department, and until they do, they will suffer

"Exterior like Fish-eggs..."

horndude said:
better check again guy, that apple chip isnt fast either

Face the facts, apple just cant compete in the bang for the $$ department, and until they do, they will suffer
How many times do we have to proove you wrong before you realize that you have No Idea what you're talking about?! Macs aren't suffering, and the only reason that their not controlling the majority of the market is because of the MORON that runs their advertizement department!! This has nothing to do with it's performance, And you know it!!Cmon Horndude, you're smarter than that! Just because a Mac obviosley isn't something you're used to, dosn't make it as skrewed up as you make them sound. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom