Anybody here "in-between" jobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
I recently quit my job at KFC because I couldn't take no more of it. The grossness, the stinkiness, and the low-lives that were my coworkers was just getting too much for me. So now I'm unemployed and looking for a new job....no luck yet. I feel like a bum though because I am 19 and unemployed. Anybody else here "in-between" jobs?

find a local hardware store, the guys who work there are always idiots, they try to sell u 754 mobos and 2 sticks of 1 gb ram to run in dual channel, lol. somethigns wring there, but oh well. (personal experiance) i went to have a talk with the manager, that his salesman has no clue about what he was talking bout. Looks like im working there next summer :D

How do I get around the teenage stereotype....its incredibly bad here. In order for me to get a job at a hardware store, I have to overcome this stereotype which is hard to do in my area. I've tried, went to every computer store in town, and nobody would even think about hiring me.

what u mean teenage stereotype? like not responsible kids n all that crap? just get to know the guys at the store, show them that u know ur stuff.

U-Toast said:
what u mean teenage stereotype? like not responsible kids n all that crap? just get to know the guys at the store, show them that u know ur stuff.

Thats it but its also more than that where I live. I live in a place thats incredibly stuck on tradition. Guys my age here either work fast food or in a car store (such as O'reilly's). In fact, if a guy doesn't, he's thought of as being queer. I have been working on getting to know the people at a local computer store I go to. In fact the other day, they let me in the back to watch them work on the computers. lol, they make the stupidest mistakes....i could do better. Even better, I am becomming friends with one of the guys who is only a year or so older than me, so maybe I'll be in luck.

man i hate stereotypes, lol. Well hope u get lucky. i could use a job right now. But something real cool, next summer im working for a month at some school, installing all the software on their pcs, and im getting paid like 1 grand just for that... !!! :D hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom