Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not on a crappy card. I get 33fps in crysis on high settings, with 256mb.

Anyways........... I m not one of those Crysis **** riders. Was wondering if it would handle Direct X9 well. Don't care much for DX10 when DX9 is here much cheaper and not too much behind. Out of curiosity would I at least be able to handle Call Of Duty 4?

Edit*

Rican here is my graphics card.

Newegg.com - MSI NX8600GT-TD512EZ GeForce 8600GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Like everyone else was saying once you over clock it, it can handle even Crysis at high. Does not run hot either cause of the huge heat sink. To be honest I m amazed that not too many people have been picking it up (probably afraid that its just another 8600GT). Anyways since I did not plan to over clock I was wondering what it could handle at stock speed.

Like everyone else was saying once you over clock it, it can handle even Crysis at high.

Thats not true.

The 8600GT is a poor card, you would have to turn most games made in the past 2 years down to med settings to run smoothly. My old X1950PRO trounces it, and that could only run crysis on med settings. Wasnt too great on DX9 titles either.

Anyways........... I m not one of those Crysis **** riders. Was wondering if it would handle Direct X9 well. Don't care much for DX10 when DX9 is here much cheaper and not too much behind. Out of curiosity would I at least be able to handle Call Of Duty 4?

Edit*

Rican here is my graphics card.

Newegg.com - MSI NX8600GT-TD512EZ GeForce 8600GT 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Like everyone else was saying once you over clock it, it can handle even Crysis at high. Does not run hot either cause of the huge heat sink. To be honest I m amazed that not too many people have been picking it up (probably afraid that its just another 8600GT). Anyways since I did not plan to over clock I was wondering what it could handle at stock speed.

Like vanish said, its a poor card. Dont go by just newegg reviews, the guys here know more. I dont like crysis either, i only have the demo installed on my system to benchmark. If you can get 30+ fps in crysis at 1280x1024 on high settings, you can max everything else out with high fps, and have a pretty good system.

Overclocked, it wont gain that much of a performance increase. Theres nothing you can do really, i advise you look into another card. Even sli would be a waste.

If you dont wanna believe us, download the demo and post here, and ill throw you the link and settings for the benchmarking tool, and you will see just how unplayable it is with the card.

Way, WAY to many posts in PC section with Crysis in them, seriously. Keep it within one thread.

Way, WAY to many posts in PC section with Crysis in them, seriously. Keep it within one thread.

I suggest a crysis discussion sticky or something. XD This should be the crysis forum instead of PC gaming forum lol

but anyhow like they said investing in a new card is your best option, or play the games on medium settings. CoD4 is fun and you could play it, but probably not maxed out.

I suggest a crysis discussion sticky or something. XD This should be the crysis forum instead of PC gaming forum lol

but anyhow like they said investing in a new card is your best option, or play the games on medium settings. CoD4 is fun and you could play it, but probably not maxed out.

Thats cool with me I don't care for maxed out settings. Besides I play games for the content and the fun.... not the HIGHLY detailed graphics which really don't alter the game play or content at all.

Thats cool with me I don't care for maxed out settings. Besides I play games for the content and the fun.... not the HIGHLY detailed graphics which really don't alter the game play or content at all.

It can make a world of difference actually. makes the game more enyoable. You can rum cod4 maxed out at 800x600, my old 8500gt could do it. If you oc your x2, you could possibly do 1024x768.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom