Any Strategy games like Starcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

no_Wedge

In Runtime
I am a starcraft fan, but it's so old now. I was wondering if there was any resource strategy games like it that can compare to starcraft?

As far as RTS games that see competition like Starcraft, I think that Warcraft III is your best option. There are tons of people who play it and the style is kind of similar. There are still plenty of differences, though, to make it a completely unique experience, especially with the hero characters and needing to Creep with them to gain experience.

Everyone I know that has warcraft 3 and starcraft say warcraft 3 sucks compared to starcraft. They say the gameplay is slower and it isn't as balanced. But I dunno of an RTS game that is like starcraft. I guess no one has really made a more outstanding game. The only other RTS game I know of besides starcraft and warcraft is Red Alert, but I don't know much about it.

Also if Starcraft 2 ever comes out (still no signs of it :angry: ) It will probaly be the greatest RTS ever, anything less would be a dissapointment.

Yes, there is no substitution for such a great game, indeed. I've played it about some years from Brood war to 2004 year. I still can remember huge LAN battles on Hunters ;)

As already said there is no equal to starcraft...and in my opinnon there will not be another for some time, due to the fact the the gaming market has shifted away from the rts to fps and rpg...starcraft still is the best rts in its 8th year.

no_Wedge said:
I am a starcraft fan, but it's so old now. I was wondering if there was any resource strategy games like it that can compare to starcraft?

If you like Startrek, Then theres Star Trek Armada 2, Very active in the Late Afternoon.

I like it more then Starcraft Because you can actualy Go Below and Above an enemies base, cause space is Three dimensional and all.

You can always download (Coughtorrentcough) the game and if not, it probably really cheap at wal-mart or something.

About the only RTS that I really liked in resent history has been the WAR HAMMER 40 000 Dawn Of War.

The good thing that about this game that you need to fight or secure locations in order to gain more points for troops.
None of this harvesting for a massive troop build up and then one final attack at the end.

NeedAcpu said:
Everyone I know that has warcraft 3 and starcraft say warcraft 3 sucks compared to starcraft. They say the gameplay is slower and it isn't as balanced.

I would agree with both of those. Still, it's a lot more similar to Starcraft than most other RTS titles out there.

I completely forgot about Dawn of War, though, until Harper posted it. I heard that it's getting a new expansion called Dark Crusade sometime in Q3 of this year, too.

I whent from starcraft to command and conquer generals. its the same concept like any other strategy game and its very well known and really fun to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom