ANY help, please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cindyshelper

Beta member
I've got a problem with a Linksys WRT54G that noone seems to be able to help with. I'm experiencing isolation of my LAN and my WLAN. What's weird is, the LAN lists both PCs, and the printer; the WLAN lists only the laptop and the printer; but the LAN and WLAN can't communicate at all. No ping, no traceroute, no nothing. I've tried syncing up the workgroup names, to no avail. I've tried ******* around with the router settings, to no avail. From what I can the the subnet masking all checks out. I'm completely stumped. ANY HELP would be very much appreciated. Oh, the laptop is running Vista and the desktops are running XP, but I didn't think that would be the problem. Thanks

Simon

Is the printer wired or wireless? It is showing up on both sets of computers so you can communicate between the lan and wlan. I am guessing you have some network setup issues with your vista machine.

If that is indeed the case here is a decent walkthrough on the setting you will need for them to communicate.
InformIT: How to Network Vista and XP Computers Together > How to Network Vista and XP Computers Together

Another test would be to hard wire the laptop eliminating the wireless. If it is a router problem you could update firmware or use a different router.

Was everything ever working together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom