Anti-Virus/Spyware/Rootkit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prototype

Daemon Poster
Hi. I have a question. My dad just got his new laptop, Sony VAIO FZ140E/B. I am gonna install the free AVG Anti-Virus. Is the AVG Spyware or Rootkit neccesary or Anti-Virus has enough security?

Sony did a rootkit a while back on their CD's. That was a classic move by them. Basically a rootkit is a bad virus. Even worse than a worm. Takes some really good apps to get rid of it.

Guys, I am not against free stuff, but how can you expect the soft to work 100% and catch everything if the company does not do as much research as paid soft?

I recommend Spyware Doctor by PC Tools. Its a rival to Webroots and offer great discounts on their new version. Check out the offers on Computer Security | Privacy | Software
They also sell Antivirus and privacy soft and have a great research team

Guys, I am not against free stuff, but how can you expect the soft to work 100% and catch everything if the company does not do as much research as paid soft?

I recommend Spyware Doctor by PC Tools. Its a rival to Webroots and offer great discounts on their new version. Check out the offers on Computer Security | Privacy | Software
They also sell Antivirus and privacy soft and have a great research team

Heh, my boss was like that... Until one of our machines got irked over by his precious Norton... so we switched to AVG (free edition for now...we will buy multi-license serial soon for it). All of the tools I use on my computer, besides Nod32, are all freeware, and I stay clean. So you're wasting your money ;).

yeah a rootkit manipulates code going back and forth from the kernal in order to hide itself. The worse part about some rootkits is that other viruses can use the hidden folders to their own gain as well.

Nasty buggers rootkits are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom