another norton problem

uhaneulina

Beta member
Ok,

I'm kinda at my wits end with this. I have recently uninstalled norton internet security. At first i lost all internet all together, now (as you can see) I have some connectivity back, however this is just through IE. Any other program/application/game still tells me there is no connection to the internet. So i have to ask am i screwed (have to reformat and start fresh). I've searched a couple posts here and tried just about everything. Going into command prompt and resetting a few settings (netsh winsock, and netch int ip were the 2 i tried that were listed i think). Also ran norton removal tool (after uninstalling through windows) about 3 times. I am running windows 7. Unfortunatly for the life of me i dont know what version of norton it was, it came stock on the computer. Thank you for you time :)

edit--Also i see like 2 threads above me there is a removal program thread i opened it up but nothing shows up :/

Is there a step after that (other than rebooting) like a setting i will have to change on certain programs (say steam for example) that connects to the internet regularly. I just ran it again after you posted but i have run it twice before. Just wondering if there is something small im missing or something special for certain programs i have to fix. I have internet back (this is the computer in question) its just programs like mozzilla (im using internet explorer atm) and other online games still see no internet.

Also thank you for the quick response. :)

There shouldnt be anything that has to be changed. After removal the programs should connect. Maybe you have a proxy setup? What version of Windows are you using?

Back
Top Bottom