Android Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Samsung Nexus S

I just use regluar text messaging for texts. I have Kik and Whatsapp for IM type things. I have CustomSMS so i can set custom tones for my contacts so i know how is texting me.

Re: Samsung Nexus S

Yeah, I just use the regular thing too, plus WhatsApp.

Hey, is there any way to make custom notification 'ringtones' for different types of notifications, like it can for calls?

Whatsapp can do it per IM or per conversation. CustomSMS can do it per contact for any text message, but you have to pay $1 for it. If not the free version will only get you 3 contacts. I dont know what other type of notifications you would be referring to. I have ADW Launcher and ADW notifier which tells me of any emails that i have missed by a special tone.

I was kinda thinking like, the notification sound for a text, I'd like for it to be different than the sound for say, a download finishing or an upcoming event in my calendar.

Handcent will change just text notification ringtone. So you can have a ringtone that is different from emails and such notifications.

PP, to set up Handcent to where it only receives notifications, go to MESSAGING then Settings, and uncheck Notifications.

Is it bad that I'm checking for the Gingerbread update on my phone every night :p

I can set Text tones via CustomSMS. Emails can be set via Gmail and the Email apps i have. Ringtones for calls are set by the Contact area. I can also change the default notification for each as well as setup a custom one for each person. The benefit of CustomSMS, i dont have to use their program. I still use my normal text messaging app to send and receive messages. I dont have to disable the one already built in and use Handcent. That is the only reason why i suggest that app. It is only $1 to get for unlimited number of contacts. That isnt a bad price for such an app. Not trying to mock Handcent, i know a lot of people use it. Just saying customSMS already works with what you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom