America Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know what you mean. AOL is a shitty browser and O don't understand why anybody would have it. But it's her ISP and she doesn't want to pay alot so she didn't get DSL. Which is weird because DDSL is the same if not cheaper.

yes it seems the real problem here is your mom. yes dsl is right about the same price as dial up aol. depends what phone company you have. i know what your going through for some reason old people like aol, my folks won't get rid of there acount after my years of nagging them. it's just a complete waste of money.

GhostDJR said:
Well, thank god I ahve DSL on my home computer.
Anyways, help?

Clearing your IE internet options won't help because you're not using the IE browser.

The option to clear the history is in there somewhere, I guaruntee it, you just have to look around.

AOL 9.0? Google search took about 33 seconds:

1. Click the 'Settings' icon on the AOL toolbar and a window will pop-up
2. Under the 'Essentials' tab click on 'Internet (Web) Options'
3. Under the 'General' tab there is a section labeled 'Temporary Internet Files'
4. Click 'Settings' within this section.
5. Next make sure under 'Check for newer versions of stored pages:' that the first option: "Every visit to the page" is selected.
6. Click OK
7. Click the 'Delete Files...' button
8. Check the box for 'Delete all offline content' and click the 'OK' button
9. At this point your AOL cache has been cleared. Click the 'OK' button to close the AOL Internet properties box.

good ol google :D

sometimes i wonder why we even need tech boards for help, when google pretty much finds anything you want.

There are an incredible amount of people who don't believe there is any alternative method of connecting to the Internet - to them the Internet IS AOL. I run into people all the time who pay $24.99 plus the $30-$40 or whatever for a second phone line and the REFUSE to get broadband. I tell them its cheaper and over 100x faster, and they are like "we're not ready to make the switch, we've used AOL since it started."

Click Tools, Interent Options, Delete Cookies, OK, Delete Files, check the box to delete offline content, OK, Delete History, Yes.

Then, open up the C: drive (Start, My Computer, C: drive), Documents and Settings, choose the User you are logged in as, Tools, Folder Options, View tab, under "Hidden files and folders" choose "Show hidden files and folders", Apply, OK, Local Settings, History, Edit, Select All, hit the 'Delete' key. Click Tools, Folder Options, View tab, check "Do not show hidden files and folders", Apply, OK. Be sure to empty the Recycle Bin.

You wouldn't believe how many guys at work I had to write this out for... Yeah, they were shopping for their wifes' birthday online... Uh-huh...

EDIT: Oh, and if she is running a firewall, be sure to "clean" it out as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom