AMD silently launches Dual-Core Optimiser

Status
Not open for further replies.
well how abouts we put the freaking conroe and RHT threads to rest for a while :/ we are 2 weeks from the unveiling of both these (although i am seriously doubtful of RHT) technologies. why speculate and start flame wars instead of waiting. my opinion is still that this RHT rumour is false. it makes absolutely no sense. oh well i digress

Ridlyn said:
Do you not realize how good conroe is, it's intels time to shine, amd had it's time, and now intel is taking over the crown, and amd has nothing good on it's road map for a LONG time. :) :) :) :D

they dont huh? pffft, 4x4 is coming THIS year

Wow, you should read more buddy from above, 4x4 is going to suck so much that I believe Guinness will be writing a world record for the suckiest technology inventment ever lol.

-Jo.

I know.... "Time Out"!!!! :D could be an hour... could be four days... Who knows!!!! But the question is?? Do ya wanna find out! ;)

Yoad said:
Wow, you should read more buddy from above, 4x4 is going to suck so much that I believe Guinness will be writing a world record for the suckiest technology inventment ever lol.

-Jo.

doubt it, that belongs to hyperthreading and netburst

im not a gamer, so 4X4 is good for me, may suck for you, but thats YOUR problem, not mine

What good does this ".exe" file do me?
I am an AMD Dual-Core owner, why can't I get the 0p7!m!z3r??

Edit:
horndude said:
doubt it, that belongs to hyperthreading and netburst

im not a gamer, so 4X4 is good for me, may suck for you, but thats YOUR problem, not mine

You've got that right about Hyper-Threading, lol.
But I would really prefer two dual-core Opterons, I just don't really see 4 cores in one chip helping at all with cooling, seems two separate dual-cores would be a lot easier to cool.

Oh, and one more thing, WTF it's not 4x4, that would be a 16-core processor, its 2x2.

well they are calling it 4x4(I dont make up the names)

but ya, multicore processing is coming in a big big way, parallel processing is all you can do when you hit a wall speed wise, and the ever shrinking die sizes and process they use to dope silicon means that IS the only way to go here if you want more speed and power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom