AMD Processor Roadmap, Launch Dates Revealed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you might, but more of them have been getting 4GHZ+ with a combination of tweaks, rather than multiplier alone (though it's a big factor)

It would be very lucky to get a chip that can do that with multi alone....may even be able to go a bit higher messing with the HTT.

So its easier on the chip and the motherboard when you just unlock a multiplier?

You have a higher chance of a stable overclock, because you dont need to mess with ram or anything else, just voltage and multi.

You have a higher chance of a stable overclock, because you dont need to mess with ram or anything else, just voltage and multi.

he's right, i now have more stability when i lowered my Bus Speed from 236 to 220 and increased my HT Multiplier from 14x to 15x.

still, Windows Sidebar quits out of itself n im forced to restart the whole thing. I even updated the gadgets too n that didnt do anything.

Deneb might actually need lower voltage than I thought. on OCAU, there was a guy who got 3.7 on 1.45V using air (only multiplier), and then when he switched to water he got 4.8 using the same voltage (1.45)!

Deneb might actually need lower voltage than I thought. on OCAU, there was a guy who got 3.7 on 1.45V using air (only multiplier), and then when he switched to water he got 4.8 using the same voltage (1.45)!

if you can, could you post a link to this

Those of us that do have chips are gagged by the NDA subs.

But I will let a piece through the netting - I've done 4+GHz validations on my own setup here at home and with significantly higher HTT and HT frequencies.

I wanted to do some single stage testing yesterday but unfortunately that didn't get to fit into my schedule... so I'm off to Sydney now to go catch up with dinos22 for some LN2 fun

So there are people who already have Deneb chips?

So there are people who already have Deneb chips?

where do you think we are getting all this info from?

Its not random numbers...its clocks that guys who have the ES chips are getting.

problem is, the NDA hasnt been lifted so they cant say much of anything. Im sure theyve ran 3dmark, super pi, vantage and all that stuff....but if results were leaked that would be a violation of the NDA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom