AMD Phenom II X6 Clocks Leaked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
AMD Phenom II X6 Clocks Leaked

The crew at Tech Connect say they have leaked information and clock speeds for the AMD Phenom II X6.

Courtesy of a couple BIOS updates released by Gigabyte (and leaked CPU support lists), we now know that the X6 1035T will have its six cores set to 2600 MHz / 2.6 GHz, while the X6 1055T will be set @ 2800 MHz / 2.8 GHz. Expanding on the info available it's clear that the highest-end hexa-core prepped by AMD for next month, the Phenom II X6 1075T will be clocked at 3.0 GHz, 333 MHz under Intel's own Core i7 980X EE.

So can I, though I think I need a dx11 gpu first, my 4850 was hurting itself with Metro 2033 yesterday :(

Hopping these OC like beasts too, and the price is CONSIDERABLY less then 980x..

Look pretty nice. Any advantage or disadvantage (or easier vs. tougher) oc'ing a hexa core vs quad, or are they pretty much the same? Like can't go as high on volts (I know that's unique to each CPU but I mean in general) or other things?

Well I'd imagine temperatures will increase a bit more as you put more voltage in compared to a quad due to the extra cores.

Phenom II's respond well to low temperatures when overclocking (the lower the temperature, the better it clocks)
Apparently the 1090T (3.2GHz X6 Black Edition) will have a 125W TDP though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom