AMD outsells intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya, doesnt include dell sales or other prebuilt systems either though, at least not the same article about this I saw on slashdot yesterday

As I see it, all of the people that don't know/need something out of their computer always go intel, or people that are using their computers for things such as applications and stuff.

Those who want performance and usually those who build their computers are the ones that go for AMD.

The performance difference isnt much, depends on what your doing, the price for AMD is alot cheaper though. Overclock and AMD and you get some sizable gains in some areas. Neither offer whats needed in some ways. Id like to see a 2.5-3Ghz CPU with a massive cache, like 4mb or better, it would help alot with what I do. The AMD's I have while fast are like a little sports car, its fast till you put anykind of a load on it, then it chokes. The Intel's in the same class are slightly better about that but cost twice as much. I'd like to see both makers dump some of the instruction sets too, most of it is a waste. If your running windows you often get penalized right from the start because it uses precompiled binaries which usually arent compiled with AMD in mind.

What this reveals in a way is how much Intel is relying on Dell...and of course, Dell loves it, they keep getting better and better discounts on the CPUs.

Qiranworms said:
What this reveals in a way is how much Intel is relying on Dell...and of course, Dell loves it, they keep getting better and better discounts on the CPUs.

nicely said :)

Should have seen the crap i was doing in MS word last night, copying and pasting 100+ mbs worth of crap around and moving it to another program and onto the internet... My computer couldn't handle anything i threw at it last night..... Not sure if it was just my RAM but im thinking it could be related to my AMD :( I have more than enough RAM to do what i was doing >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom