Am I procted well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running Ad-Aware SE Professional (not 2007) on Vista 32-bit Ultamite edition with no problems, weird i didn't know it wasn't compatible. I definitely would have noticed by now because my firewall went crazy when i installed it and it wasn't vista compatible. Oh well it works for me i don't suggest u try it then because many people on other forums say it picks parts of the vista OS as spyware, but someone with home premium said it works fine just like me. It could be that it only doesn't work on the low tier vs of Vista but thats just speculation on my part.

And i second that about Spyware Blaster. Plus its free and Vista compatible.

Could be better, though I am not sure about Nod32..is that a payed one.

Are they all free? I would get Mcafee, Kapersky or something like that on it too.

Nod32 is paid for and Mcafee is absolute crap (Yes i've used it). It hogs resources (especially on booting). It lets through alot of crap and if someone just accepts everything it's **** useless.

I use

Windows XP Pro \ SP2
Nod32
SpywareBlaster
Ad-Aware SE Personal
CCleaner
Spybot S&B
Windows Firewall
D-Link DSL-504G Firewall
& the modified hosts file from - Blocking Unwanted Parasites with a Hosts File

I can't remember the last time i've been infected (so I can so confidently 1+years) & I've stopped 3 virii.

Had i not upgraded in March to Vista 32-bit Ultamite, from Xp i would definitely be agreeing with you. But, since i did what a lot of people say about Vista is a load of crap. It's faster than XP, the only reason people get "bugs" is because they install incompatible software, but don't knock it till you try it. Plus all the morons on you tube that complain about Vista look like complete i****s , that cant even install Vista. As for security it's way safer than XP the firewall is way more secure but its nothing like 3rd party firewall, although that doesn't really matter, well for me at least since i use hardware.

NOD32 is probably one of the best antivirus program i have used in my life. NOD32 can find viruses that Norton can't or any other programs.

all you need is NOD32, spybot S&D, adaware, and maybe windows defender. (defender is optional)
linksys firewall is not enough. enable windows firewall too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom