Almost a pilot!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know you were a pilot
I've got a students pilots license now, after that I'll have my GFPT, which is really dwarfed by a commercial license
congrats man

I have a friend who has, I don't thik it's his actual pilots licence, but he's got something to where he can pilot.
You can get one of those new "Sport" pilot licenses in 2-weeks with hardly any FS.

it doesnt take very long, 10-15hrs to solo, 40hrs + checkride and pass written and physical and its yours, it is expensive though, last time I flew it was $27/hr plus fuel@$2.50/gallon

Lot more expensive these days

mikesgroovin said:
pictures of me flying to come soon!!!!
(not in a dress......)

oh man, why not? :) sound like fun. so what do you fly... probably a cessna? commercial flying is nowhere near as fun. Do they teach you how to fly on instruments alone or at night or in bad weather?

since he's just starting, basic navigation comes first, using the VOR, maybe ILS and ADF.Instrument training comes later.Night flying is a must, need 3 takeoffs and landings at night per 90days to stay current as I recall, once you have your license.Bad weather, nope VFR(visual flight rules) only till you have an instrument rating.

waynejkruse10 said:
ive never flown in a plane - ever. That shows thati never go on holidays.....
It actaully quite fun. I flown a Sesnar (Spelling???) down at Candam air base a few times when i was still in the scouting movement.

I started fying in 1964. The Champion 7Ec rented for $4.85 per hour wet. AvGas was 15 cents per gallon. There was still one last low frequency range operating: the navigation by Morse code. By 1969 I had a CFI/CFII and was crop dusting in Nebraska. My last plane was a Cessna 175 (yeah, there was such a model) with a lycoming (I salvaged out of a Piper Comanche) engine conversion and constant speed prop, Avcon STOL kit, droop tips, flap gap seals and Cleveland wheels and brakes. I sold that plane 6 years ago to remain married! I've now started on an RV-8 kit plane in my garage. Anybody who wants to fly should. All it takes is a commitment to learn and also to be willing to sacrifice all the other extras in life such as fast new cars; speed boats; expensive motorcycles, etc. Ideally, you should find a mate who is as interested in airplanes as you or they'll be problems. Been there....experienced that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom