aids and mosquitos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i brought the same idea to my health teacher... he said its not possible..

and i asked his sorry *** whats the difference between a syringe and a mosquito?

he just kept rambling on saying its not possible and avoiding my question... I almost wanted to say to him "well fine... do you mind if we put you in a small room filled with mosquitos and a person with AIDS?"

WorldIndustries said:
Yeah, spraying RAID everywhere while eating seems like a safe thing to do.
It's better than getting air borne aids or other diseases mosquitos can carry. Besides I spray it before the food is out.

What I was thinking was this.

PersonA has aids and PersonB is clean. Mosquito bites and drink PersonA blood, PersonA sees Mosquito and shakes it off. PersonA goes inside house and now Mosquito is not satisfy and goes and bite PersonB. So what happens? Not sure but probably the virus could be transfer that way just like a needle.

uzi9mm said:
well i brought the same idea to my health teacher... he said its not possible..

Well, allow me, HAVOC to be your health teacher.

The only mosquitos that bite / feed / suck blood are females. Like mentioned above, they feed every 2 - 4 days while they are ovulating. When the mosquito feeds on a human "Blood Meal", it injects it's "Proboscis" into the flesh of a human and it's saliva mixed with chemicals "Anticoagulants" to keep the blood flowing. Once a mosquito beguns to feed, the blood goes directly into it's stomach. Once full, the mosquito will fly off and find some place to chill and wait during digestion.

The theory is, "That Mosquitos don't inject blood into humans, they only extract it." Once a mosquito is gorged, it digests the blood.
Also, AIDS/HIV isn't in the saliva of the mosquito, unlike many other dieases like, "malaria, dengue fever, encephalitis, yellow fever, West Nile virus and dog heartworm."

Also the AIDS/HIV virus only mulitplies in Human/Mammal Cells. It does not infect insects. So, since mosquitos don't inject blood and AIDS can't infect a mosquito... It can't be transfered by mosquito.

Tell your Health Teacher good ole HAVOC broke it down for you.

Another thing to remember, they are NOT flying hyperdermic needles. The blood flow is ONLY one way, the salivary tube is different from the feeding tube. Essentially, the saliva is injected into you (among other things, this has a anti-coagulant so blood wont clot... I THINK) and the blood is drawn into a seperate tube, so at no time is a previous blood feeding regurgitated back into you. Also, the amount digested is miniscule. It would never happen.

Ok, so if you are so 100% positive, lets have a mosquito bite somebody who has AIDS and only feed until it is about halfway full, then lets have it bite somebody who does not have AIDS. Any takers? Come on, do it for the team!

Mosquitos don't feed until they are halfway full. They feed until they are full. Then go off and digest. Even if they feed half full, they probably wouldn't feed again until what they got was digested.

So... no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom