AGP aperture situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Switch

Fully Optimized
Inside my motherboard BIOS, there is no option to change the AGP aperture size whatsoever. in fact, the only thing in my BIOS that has anything to do with AGP is an option to see if its the initial display adapter. is there a program I can download that will let me change my aperture size or is it aoutomaticly configured?

BTW, a comment by someone else with the same or similar motherboard would be greatly apreciated.

Flash the BIOS. Or look under ALL your BIOS options.

I find it hard to believe an NVidia board dosn't have an AGP aparture selection.

AGP aperture isn't as important as you might think. All it does is set how much physical memory is to be allocated to your video card, which in the case of games such as Doom 3, may improve performance. Honestly, I've played with 64MB, 128MB, and 256MB aperture size and saw minimal difference between them.

yah... but he can't crank it down can he? For all he kow, 256MB can be getting eaten by his video card, for no reason.

And besides, if it dosnt have an AGP aparture, then just think of all the other, more imprtant stuff he may be missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom