Age of Empires 4 and 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like AoE 3 quite a bit actually. I love laying seige to a helpless village with cannonfire from 8 warships from the beach :p

hmmmm AOE 4 according to the picture looks like it will be based around the WW1 + WW2 era which has been overdone extremely in both FPS and RTS, does not seem very appealing to me however AOE 5 I believe poses some more promise.

Deeply futuristic RTS has been done in games like starcraft and perhaps Tiberian sun, futuristic always leaves room for creativity because you are not restricted by fact and history.

The results could be interesting coming from ensemble as they have developed a unique style for thier RTS games and I believe futuristic hasn't been done enough in this genre.

As for the current games, AOK still reigns supreme, it had classic RTS concepts such as found in the AOE yet made gameplay easier with features such as unit key assignments which is simple and all but a major advantage over the first. The graphics were respectable and the strategy was balanced.

AOM is best described as really bad.

After playing AOE III, the demo i'm not happy but the bugs were probably dealt with in the full released, hated the american theme yet I still must play more before completely hating it.

I love AOE II then i got AOE III i was like wtf there's guns in it??!?!

Redo the AOE II with some AOE III graphics WOOT :)

hahahhaa you people...

I think it's referring to the different Ages in the game as you advance in technology and warfare, and not the sequence o the games itself!

kostas said:
hahahhaa you people...

I think it's referring to the different Ages in the game as you advance in technology and warfare, and not the sequence o the games itself!

You never get Uber-crazy Mechas in the game...

PZEROFGH said:
Redo the AOE II with some AOE III graphics WOOT :)

Agreed. I love AoE1 and all, but the graphics are Blah. AoE2 was crazy good as far as gameplay goes (very few cheat codes though :( ) but I SERIOUSLY didn't like the graphics in it. If AoE2 was made with III graphics, *Heaven*.

the AOE III Graphics are excellent I must but the graphics on AOE II were cleaner. The thumbnail screenshots for AOEIII are breathtaking but when your actually playing the game there are obvious imperfections, due to just generally being 3D and the limit placed on RTS games, finding the balance between looks and frame rate. I don't believe AOE needs to be redone in better graphics, I know a lot of people who prefer the 2D graphics.

can't wait for the next AOE, hope my VGA card will be able to hande it.

My 6600GT can run AoEIII at 40FPS maxed out, 1280x1024, with all eye candy max so if a $150 videocard can run it, a $150 videocard then will also run it.

And like I said, we never get Uber-crazy Mechas in the game, so he age thing is null.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom