Age of Conan Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've played maybe a total of only 1 1/2 hours today and my character is up to level 5. I'd say so far this game is just ok, though I haven't spent nearly enough time to make a fair judgement on it. The game itself looks ok but nothing breathtaking IMHO. Gameplay is a little iffy for me but like I said, I need to spend more time in it.

What I don't like is during a fight if you walk into some weeds or trees, you lose sight of your character and can't see his position or enemy.

it opens up a lot around 10+ with the feats and the quests.. lots and lots of them lol the destiny quest IMO is really cool too. It's a game that'll take some getting used to, thats for sure. The lack of an auto-attack (that I know of) is way different but the combat works pretty well. Definitely not something you can just sit and sleep while playing. probably shouldnt blab much more, i think the NDA was only lifted for review sites. meh. updating on bug and server status cant hurt.

on note concerning lockups, someone in chat mentioned turning off all but 1 processor core for AoC cause it would help, so i gave it a shot. haven't had a crash yet. Still getting the server hang's in certain spots, which is aggrivating and makes no sense. 70ms ping and 60 fps in 1 spot and hanging stuck every 3 seconds.

Anyhow lookslike whatever build were running isn't multi-core friendly, at least with some systems. probably others running just fine with multi cores. so if you end up with the same prop set core affinity to 1.

edit~ on another side note, theres somethin up with how the game handles the cpu. even after the game crashes the CPU is still at 50-60% usage. no apps running or nothin, just idling at 50% and hotter than all heck heh. bleh gotta restart.

I have a 13 Barb, and 13 Necro, and a soon to be 13 Priest of Mitra. The game is ****** for its first few levels, but once you start your destiny quest line it starts to pick up, The beta is mainly a stress test so there is no way to have it not be buggy. The classes seem balanced to me and the PvE content is a bit challenging if you prefer soloing. Nothing crazy just a bit slower paced. Devs have stated this isnt even the same version that will be released, it actually a later version than the gamestop pvp beta weekend. Fatalities are my favorite part so far in the new combat system, and the mele combat system seems to get repidative very fast, but it keeps you in the game more than the auto attacking systems out there such as wow. I'll check back later and answer any other questions people have about the game.

Well I just applied for the open beta. From the screens I've seen so far I'm not very impressed. The graphics looks terrible.

lol im the exact opposite :S i can't stand most sci-fi FPS games. I like sci-fi movies and all. Just not many games. RTS is usually ok, like supcom or starcraft.. maybe rpg.. but fps and mmo just not my thing. Could be i just never liked warhammer.

nothin beats hacking things with cold hard steel

Sorry that the graphics look bad, but they are the best for any MMO out there and most likely better than most games coming out this year or next as far as MMO's go. I wont say its amazing cuz it is just above average for me, but it sure is a good game to escape WoW seeing as WoW is getting worse and worse with every patch. This game in the simplest terms is basically what Vanguard should have been with a few extras. But VG failed at launch and never recovered.

Nobody can have a full insight to what this game will be like because its not out yet. Everything that has been previewed will only get better and i think this game will do quite well.

^^ people have a bad tendency of expecting MMO's to look like crysis or CoD4. sorry but that probbaly wont happen for 20 years >.>. The game's great looking, and still has 2 weeks of polish left. Making assumptions of the game in the first 13 levels of beta is silly. The full multiplayer experience wont even start till post 20ish according to AoC.com.
im pumped. but its not everyones slice of cake lol not everyone's gonna like it. Saying that it doesnt look great as an mmo is silly though. grab a 22"+ screen and play it hi-res with all the options on XD I seen people in game playing at 1024x768 and 1280x1024 with low settings saying it didn't look so special lmao i'd like to walk over and slap the stupid out of em.

edit~ oo 4hour maintenance just started. patch to fix the mem leak/lockup/load time issues. gonna be pretty cool.

lol they're pretty quick with it but the thing is the client we're using is 3 months oldish. closed beta is ahead of us, so these problems are already fixed. they're just transferring the fixes from closed beta's client as we go. open betas just stress testing the load on the servers. there's another 3 months of polish/bug fixes already made on top of what were using in open now XD. I've got good feelings about release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom