Advanced Tethering

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac19124

Beta member
I'm at my moms house for a week, and she has one internet connected computer with no router. I brought my desktop up to the room I'm staying in and I can make a bluetooth connection between a shut off [ie. not activated] Sprint Mogul and her computer from my room.

Is their a way to connect the mogul to my computer via USB cable, and connect the Mogul to the internet connected computer via Bluetooth, and create a PAN between my computer and her computer?

Thank you for help

I have no idea about what you are asking , although I would like to suggest that,,,if your mothers pc is just connected to a broadband modem she should have a router, Just connected to the modem anyone on the internet can see her computer. If what she is connected to is a modem/ router she is ok.

It's just a cable Modem, no router, plus I don't have a long enough cord.

I'm wondering if I can Set up a Blue tooth Connection between my Windows mobile phone and mothers PC and a wired connection between the windows mobile phone and my PC and share the interent to my computer through that connection

Modem
|
Mothers PC
|
|
Bluetooth Connection
|
|
Windows Mobile Pocket PC
|
|
Wired Connection
|
My PC

|
|
| <---- Internet
|
|

Sorry to disappoint, but I do not believe you can actually. The way they designed it is, only to be used as a type of mobile dial-up connection, which goes to your phone providers services. you can use it to remote desktop a pc through bluetooth, but I do not believe you can use a pc to remote desktop through it to another pc, or use it's bluetooth. it doesn't have the bi communications ability needed I don;t think. its really a shame, because it would be so fun to do.

Thanks for the reply, and yeah your right.
Plus it would need to be connected to two different PC's via Active Sync, witch I think is probably impossible =[

Well maybe with Windows Mobile 7 It'll happen lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom