Active Directory gurus

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
hey guys, just got my active directory domain up and running for a test run before i put it into production lol. anyway got my local profile copied to the AD server and all went well(so far...i think) because when i logged on with my user to the domain it loaded everything but my wallpaper(which i think is normal for now...) anyway, i am in the administrators group on the AD server yet i don't have ALL of the admin privileges... that and i have a file in about 6 different locations(including the startup folder) called desktop(i believe INI file???) heres the text in the file

Code:
[.ShellClassInfo]  LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21787

that shows in the startup folder, quick launch toolbar, start menu programs menu, and the menu where windows update shows up along with the create new document for office shows up, dont know wat that menu's called but is there any way i can permanently get rid of that file for future users and out of the startup folder for future users? thanks in advance.

and i get this when i run opera, only when logged onto the domain, the program runs but i get it when i open it

M2 Error

Store Init failed
Engine Init() failed

all programs are installed locally to the workstation nothing is running off the server.

thanks in advance again

i could try reinstalling opera...still works locally tho which still makes me think the domain is doing something, i can't change dialup properties, thats the only thing i've noticed right away, i've only had this up about an hour

thanks

do you mean a dial up connection properties or dial in settings for a user?

maybe works locally cus a local profile is being used?

shouldn't, my local profile(which i copied to the active directory profile folder) was a local admin user account, I made sure to add my self to the AD admin group in the users and computers snap-in, however even after that's changed i still show up as user in the main window even tho everywhere else it still says im an admin. hey thx for the replies man

my guess is that the profile you copied has reference to the local user on the workstation when accessing the mozila files. have you tried reinstalling while logged on as the domain user/admin?

i still show up as user in the main window

i dont follow. what main window are you talking about?

oh, are you on a 2000 or 2k3 domain? what function level?

Sorry its been a while since i checked this out, it's actually working pretty well for me now, especially opera is working great, i've actually learned quite a bit as i found some of the planning, implementing and maintaining Active directory in windows server 2003 training cds and am looking through those. I'm trying to learn some scripting currently so I can test it. If anyone knows any good Active Directory logon script guides please provide a link, that would be awesome, thanks in advance again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom