Acronis disk director

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Gee Wally!
You can merge two partitions, even if their file systems are different. All data will stay
intact and reside on the resulting partition. The resulting partition will have the same file
system as the target partition (to which data from another partition will be added).
If you need to merge one partition with another:
1. Select a partition to be merged to the target partition.
2. Select Disk -> Merge or a similar item in the Operations sidebar list, or click Merge
on the toolbar.
3. Select the target partition.
4. Select a folder on the target partition to which the data from the merged partition
will be placed. You can create a new folder, using icons above the folder tree. If the
folder already exists, it must be empty.
5. By clicking Proceed, you'll add a pending operation (your actions may only undo or
modify already existing operation).
The new partition structure will be graphically represented in the Acronis Disk Director
Suite main window.

I don't need the partition anymore so I deleted it, now I have unallocated space which I want to merge with my C: drive (primary partition). Still trying to do that.

thanks

If you need to increase partition free space:
1. Run the Increase free space wizard by selecting Wizards -> Increase free space or a
similar item in the Wizards sidebar list or by clicking Increase free space on a
partition on the toolbar.
2. On the Select Partition To Increase wizard page, select a partition that you want to
enlarge.
3. On the Select Partitions wizard page, select a disk partition whose space will be used
to increase the selected partition.
4. On the next wizard page, you will see the maximum size available for the selected
partition. You must select the size yourself.
(Note that although selected partition size is increased at the expense of other partition
space, unallocated space also will be used if needed. Unallocated space is automatically
considered to be the maximum partition size)
5. In the last Preview wizard window, you will see a graphical representation of the
new partition structure, including the resized partition.
Clicking Finish on the last wizard page will allow Acronis Disk Director Suite to create
the pending operation list for partition resizing.

If you need to increase partition free space:
1. Run the Increase free space wizard by selecting Wizards -> Increase free space or a
similar item in the Wizards sidebar list or by clicking Increase free space on a
partition on the toolbar.
2. On the Select Partition To Increase wizard page, select a partition that you want to
enlarge.
3. On the Select Partitions wizard page, select a disk partition whose space will be used
to increase the selected partition.
4. On the next wizard page, you will see the maximum size available for the selected
partition. You must select the size yourself.
(Note that although selected partition size is increased at the expense of other partition
space, unallocated space also will be used if needed. Unallocated space is automatically
considered to be the maximum partition size)
5. In the last Preview wizard window, you will see a graphical representation of the
new partition structure, including the resized partition.
Clicking Finish on the last wizard page will allow Acronis Disk Director Suite to create
the pending operation list for partition resizing.

Defense,

thanks so much. that did the trick. I appreciate your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom