Acer eRecovery management "please wait a moment"

overdrift

Beta member
i have an Acer aspire 5741-5869 with win 7. i tried to reinstall window with the official Acer recorvery disk. when i get to the Acer eRecovery management it say "please wait a moment" but it stay there for over an hour and a half without changing. i just want to make a clean install.

i tried:
-booting with the recovery disk in
-booting with the system disk
-booting with no disk
-unpluging and removing the battery for at least 10 second

Have you checked the Acer manual on how to use the Recovery Partition to reset the machine to factory settings? That will be the best way to accomplish what you want.

i've found the problem. In this case, the hard drive was defect. i tested the Ram and they were ok then i tested the drive with seatools and founded too much faulty sector. with the new HDD in, it took 5 sec to boot it.

Bad sectors are a pain but all HDD's must die eventually. btw you might want to put the old HDD in an external case and run chkdisk on it. I can't remember the tags. Carnage could you post the tags? Or maybe K might Idk nor do I care who posts it lol. As long as the HDD gets another life. I saved my Laptop HDD by doing the above. Makes a great back up drive. :)

Back
Top Bottom