Accessing a hard drive locked with a password

I followed the steps but nothing seems to happen. The computer still just asks for the password. Idk, maybe I didnt properly create the bootable USB drive properly but either way I dont understand the step 7. I dont understand these commands and where to input them.

7. Refer to the "DrvErase.exe - command line option list" section below to run
DrvErase.exe. Then go to step 8 below.
DrvErase.exe - command line option list
Example: DrvErase /D:1 /M:2 /S

/D:n Specify the target drive
1: Internal harad drive bay, 2: Ultrabay, 3: MSATA connection
Example /D:1

/M:n Specify the erase mode
1 - Normal erase (for SSD only)
2 - Resetting Cryptographic Key
Example /M:2

/S Suppress confirmation

/E Exit without restart

/? Show help messages

OK so OP clearly does want the data to the drive. stop talking crap.

You can easily format any disk, so go to a hacker forum to find out how to bypass password.

Donut!

OK so OP clearly does want the data to the drive. stop talking crap.

You can easily format any disk, so go to a hacker forum to find out how to bypass password.

Donut!
What the **** are you smoking dude.

I'm trying to access an older hard drive that I forgot the password to so that I can use it for another computer. I don't need what's in the hard drive.

What the **** are you smoking dude.

You don't read! If he does not need to know what is on the harddrive why does he need the password......

You cannot prevent a harddrive from being wiped with it just being encrypted.

So what is it, he does want to get whats on it or not? Because it sounds strange he is going to so much effort when a simple format will work.

You guys going the rounds on the simplest task in the world loool.

Last edited:
You don't read! If he does not need to know what is on the harddrive why does he need the password......

You cannot prevent a harddrive from being wiped with it just being encrypted.

So what is it, he does want to get whats on it or not? Because it sounds strange he is going to so much effort when a simple format will work.

You guys going the rounds on the simplest task in the world loool.
And this is exactly why I said what the **** are you smoking.

I still can't format. When I put the hard drive into my Thinkpad x220 it requires me to put a password before the computer boots so I connected the hard drive via a sata drive dock to connect the hard drive via USB to another computer. When I look into disk management, the driver is there but I can't perform any actions to it,

Who can't read?

And this is exactly why I said what the **** are you smoking.

Who can't read?

Please OP take a photo of the password prompt! lol

You think having a encrypted drive prevents anyone at all formatting it?

OP to format a drive, your not meant to boot into it, and there is zero reasons to need to know the password of an encrypted drive to format it, unless you want to login to the OS and do a Windows 10 reset.

But you have said you dont need the data or whats on it, so does not make a single bit of sense.

Please can photo every blocker your having please..

UPDATE:
Also, whilst connected externally, are you running diskmgmt with admin priv?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom