AAO and the Flippin patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
If anyone here plays Americas Army Online I would be obliged to know if their patch is going to come out before we all get really old. Anyone know??

I dont know about a new patch, but I think the army IS working on an expansion, but I'm not for sure when it is supposed to be out.

I used to play Americas Army just a little bit, but I got sick of it quickly, because IMO, compared to the major games today, it is too much like a CS clone.

I play AA; the patch came out june 1st & as soon as it was released there were all kinds of connection problems. People were recieving general protection faults every 2 mins and auth. being down, many times you couldn't login at all.

Aside from bugs, I actually love what the 2.1 patch has done. The "one shot" sniper situation and new "ragdoll" effect makes the game very realistic!

All the auth problems have been fixed, except for account management.

You can play the game normally. 2.1 seems to be a nice edition to an already stellar game but it was a long time coming. Nearly 6 months after 2.0 since I don't consider 2.0.0a a patch.

Yeah

Yes. They came out with two patches. One to make the full version go up to 2.0 and the next one to 2.1. The 2.1 is about 160mb in size. But changes alot I believe! I also realized how many more servers there are with the 2.1 patch. Because I tried playing with a friend who had the 2.1 and I only had the 2.0 patch. And I only had a fraction of the servers! But when I upgraded it, I got them all! It's nice!

-Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom