A story about how certain brands seem to "just work."

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of businesses still fax, zmatt ;). Faxing also works when you need to send a copy of a legal document to a place (birth cert., driver's license, what have you) for some reason (people have had to use our fax machine at work before for these kinds of documents).

That was meant more as a joke, however I really do think faxing should go ahead and die.

That was meant more as a joke, however I really do think faxing should go ahead and die.

I agree with you. However, I work at a school district and we still use faxing from 1 building to another. It's actually incredibly handy because we tend to email less important things but fax the more important things. Think about it from somebody like me in the tech department who gets a buttload of emails every hour. If I see an email, it's easy to excuse it. If I get a fax, I know I have a hard copy right in front of me of something important. From what experience I have with faxing, I can definitely see why it's still existent. But if I went out and bought a new all-in-one today, I can't see why I would bother with a fax machine. ****, when I get my own place I don't even plan to have a landline phone.

But, ultimately with the situation between Lexmark and HP with having a fax at home that worked well, it was one of those preference things. My dad COULD have gone to the gas station several miles away where his truck is stored and faxed there, but since we were in need of an all in one, why not make sure you get one with a fax? Especially when you consider that often times he has to wait for whoever is in line of the fax/copy/scanner/printer to get out of the way... and knowing that they often print hundreds of copies at a time... it could be a long wait. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom