A small problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

GosuBoi

Solid State Member
Okay. I'm new to these things. Sorry but I'm lost and need help. I'm using a Linksys network router and I'm the one receiving meaning I'm not the admin. For some reason, when I play a game (Starcraft:Broodwar) or surfing the net, my internet just stops responding for a short period of time. This causes major problems when I'm gaming (T_T). Has anyone experienced the same things or knows a solution?

what do you mean by "I'm the one receiving meaning I'm not the admin". you're being a bit too vague.

He means that he is not the admin of the router, rather he is a client. (I think)

if it is a wireless router, then that could explain it. As for a wired router, im not quite sure what could cause that.

Well, I'm using a Wireless USB Network Adapter. Please help. I seriously need a solution. Can't take no as an anwser!:mad:

yeah, that sounds like you have a weak signal or, something is causing it to become weak everyonce and awhile. make sure your neighbors dont have a wireless router on the same channel, if they do, change your channel. you may also want to try a different adapter that is not usb.

Does it matter if you change your channel. My brother is scared something bad might happen if the channel is changed. Do you just have to change channel number or is it more complex?

if you change the channel on your router, dont forget to change it on your adapters. other then that you might wanna also change your SSID.

Okay I'm a sorry good for nothing newb that did not understand what you just said. How do I change it for the adpaters aswell as how do you change your ssid?

Are you using Windows XP? If yes...

Are you letting Windows XP manage your wireless router? If yes...

then that is your problem. WinXP is a great OS, but it's wireless managing is HORRIBLE!!! I would suggest searching for a patch (there is one out there, I just can't remember where) or use your LinkSys Software manage the connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom