a few problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jspot

In Runtime
first for some reason for the past couple months I haven't been able to play DVD's through any of my players ( WMP , ect... )
it gives me an error and when I look it up it says I need a decoder program so I looked into it and they are like 30$+ either something is wrong with my computer or they changed the fact that you can play DVDs on your computer. I mean I have played DVDs before but all of a sudden it just stopped working.

Also everytime my computer reboots or I reboot it myself it goes to the black screen that tells you that something has been changed hit F1 to save changes to del to go to BIOS . well I haven't changed anything in my bios and haven't put in or taken out any software or hardware and this is an all of the sudden thing too. and sometimes when it boots and goes to my desk top it is like my computer it doing something and I can't click anything for about 5 minutes.. I have nothing running on my start menu. I have a pretty nice computer I built less than 6 months ago. please any help would be nice.

not sure about the first one.. but for the second.. Make sure your RAM (firstmost) and everything else is plugged in and in securely.. Loose ram can cause a computer to give errors like that.

ok unhooked my computer unplugged all hardware and re inserted it and turn on computer then rebooted and it still does it

Replace the watch battery on the motherboard and that issue with pressing F1 should go away. The first thing I would do is reload your operating system to rule out a software issue. I would not waste any time on the hardware yet. Sounds like software to me.

I ended up redoing windows and now it doesn't do it anymore... but WMP stills says it requires a decoder to play DVDs now.... is there a free one somewhere I can dl it from>?

ok i have no clue what is going on..... I have redid my entire computer twice now... downloaded mega codecs and the decoder for WMP and still can't get a DVD or any other type of video to play .. tried realplayer, WMP,quicktime everything .. can't even play videos from memory cards of my digital cameras.

I find it hard to believe that no matter how many times I redo my computer that I am the only one having these problems. is there anything out there that I have over looked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom