A+ Certified, Can I get a job now, lol?

Me being a flight attendant helped a lot.
I worked with some guys who were really smart but hard to get along with..
When we would meet for happy hours with other business teams, they would avoid inviting them.
The current project I'm on, I had me and the other guy they hired had no idea what was going on for the first month, but they were okay with it.
Our whole team gets along really well and we're always going out.

Do NOT wear jeans at your interview.
I always wear a tie, don't think a suit is necessary.

I have come from a customer serivce background, working in retail when I was younger to administration when I got older and decided last year I need to try and get into the IT sector as it was my passion.

I was working as a Government Administrator and took 2 weeks off to volunteer as a rollout engineer for a company (this was in June 2014). after that I decided to take a chance and left my job and self funded my studies and passed Comptia A+ in July and windows 7 a few weeks later, I started applying for jobs during my windows 7 studies and landed a job in 1st line support which started in September.

I live in London so I don't know how different it is, but I reckon you can get a job with comptia A+ if you have very good customer service background and showing a eagernesses to commit yourself in IT and learning.

Just came back in to tell you guys ive gotten 3 calls and 2 emails for interviews as of today. Im stoked! I cant wait to send you all the updated position. Hopefully I land something quick. Many thanks for the support!

Just came back in to tell you guys ive gotten 3 calls and 2 emails for interviews as of today. Im stoked! I cant wait to send you all the updated position. Hopefully I land something quick. Many thanks for the support!

Awesome, that's good.
Good luck.

Yeah! Word of advice, even if it is just a miniscule email (to a recruiter), you'll be surprised that you may get a response back for other opportunities.

And when you apply.
If it asks for a cover letter, make sure you submit one.
I had a generic one that I would change a little here and there depending on the position.

I remember noticing the difference in calls I'd get when I did submit a Cover Letter

And when you apply.
If it asks for a cover letter, make sure you submit one.
I had a generic one that I would change a little here and there depending on the position.

I remember noticing the difference in calls I'd get when I did submit a Cover Letter

Will do!

Back
Top Bottom