a bit of a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnOfDoom

Daemon Poster
ok i resently bought Half Life 2 and i installed it and installed it and steam that comes on the disk and after installation is complete and i have made my steam acc and registered it and all that jazz and its ready to play i go and i click on the icon to start the game it opens and gets through the ads of the developer and all that stuff then it gets to the loading screen where it loads the starting page like where you start new game load game settings and all that stuff and it freezes up on me and crashes.... what the heck is going on? my computer exceeds its standards for playing whats going on? more ram needed possibly? not good enough ram for gaming? i just want to be able to play this game because i heard that its really good and i dont want to have wasted 30 bucks on a faulty game my system play FEAR for crying out loud and it doesnt even get loud

First off, your system specs would be nice, along with the OS you are using.

Does it crash in the menu itself? or does it crash when you try to start or load a game?

If it crashes at the loading screen it is usually be caused by Firewall software blocking the game.

Also does it give you a specific error message why it closed?

i havent seen an error message pop up

Im usesing windows XP

detailed specs:

buffalo ddr2 1gig pc4200
intel pentium d 940 3.2ghz
Evga GeForce 7900 gs ko
ECS nForce 570 slit a v 5.1

is this enough information

Is the game crashing in the menu, or the game itself?

Check and make sure your firewall isnt blocking steam or hl2 first.

You may want to try this if its not the firewall.
Answer

Also might want to look around here
Find Answers (Page 1 of 2)
I had to do this once when the animations of the characters became choppy for some reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom