A beautiful sight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bleh don't have any of that where I live...just plain ole pigeons flying around
f05cb495983155f7bcea9b20381f74a9.gif
lol.

a flying crap cloud :p

that's crazy though, much more interesting than the usual "V" formations i've seen around here.
They do this because the air from the wake reduces the drag on the bird behind. So they don't have to use as much energy.

With a big group of birds like in the video, there's the whole safety in numbers thing.
And to any predators, it might appear as if it's a much bigger animal

We get swarms of galahs over here, noisy and destructive as ****, but yeah they look pretty.
Yeah, they're noisy bloody things.

If you ever get any galahs as pets, you should name them after politicians.

**** those invasive little buggers...

pretty cool though

exactly, the starlings we have here in Oregon at horrible. you see one, you kill it. They were introduced in the US by some Shakespeare-obsessed duschebag who wanted to bring all of the birds in Shakespeare's work into the U.S.

sonofa***** screwed alot of things up..

It's like when Australia brought in the cane toads, screwed alot of sh*t up there too.

That's pretty neat lookin' :omg:

Psh, I'm willing to bet there aren't even that many birds in my entire city :tongue: :( :tongue:

That is called a murmuration, they orient themselves relative to the nearest 7 birds around them. Interestingly, I read in the paper today that a load of starlings were found dead in Somerset; 100 corpses in a 12' front garden and nobody knows why yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom