A bass amp and a pedal

I can plug the guitar into the amp, then the amp into the computer and set it up to use all the effects on the amp and the ones in the software to alter the tone as well...
When you buy the Mustang amp, you get the lite version of Ableton, a copy of Amplitude and are ready to start recording your stuff, one track at a time, then lay down other tracks as the recorded ones play. You can accompany yourself.

I can do all that without a guitar and an amp. It's called Tux Guitar. :cool:

Thanks. It is awesome. :dance:

This amp has a 12ax7 tube in it which is between the preamp and the power amp. The master Volume controls the tube while the Power Level control the power amp. The preamp has its Gain and Volume as well.

With this setup I can crank it up for the tube saturation but not blow my windows out or have the neighbors call the cops. :lol:

This amp is 40 watts with 20 watts in reserve (60 watts total). 99 presets in Preset Mode and lots to play with in Manual Mode.

ETA: Almost forgot, it is NOS (new old stock) and the only one there at the store's warehouse so I got it for $150. Yep, that's why I said nothing because I had deals taken from me by talking about it and from my back stabbing friends.

forum image hosting

Last edited:
Nice...

Also, there's nothing wrong with blowing out a few windows....as long as you are jamming to a cool song. :lol:

Nah, too expensive to replace windows. :D

I was wrong about the amp setup. Saw a little diagram in the manual so the Volume and Gain is for the preamp while the Master Volume is for the poweramp.

The Power Level is the attenuator.

Today I dug through my box-o-tubes and found an NOS Sylvania Jan 12at7 and an used RCA 5751 tubes. They're vintage tubes and tons better than new production tubes.

I didn't want to take a chance on the 12at7 because of current difference though I've read that others used them in their VTs.

I tried the RCA 5751. This tube has the 70% gain of the 12ax7 so it cleaned up the sound. This one sounded sweet, very creamy.

The new production tubes cannot sound like the vintage tubes and since they are scarce they are costly. They were made from 50s to 80s. Mine's made in the 60s.

So the tech to make tubes with the same specs has been lost? If the older tubes are better, why don't you find a new tube with the same specs?

The vintage tubes were made with toxic materials and the new production tubes don't have them. The vintage tubes have a long life and good sounds.

The amp I used to have, the Blackheart Handsome Devil half stack, had vintage tubes in it when I sold it. Raytheon Black Plate 12ax7 in V1 and RCA Black Plate 12ax7 in V2 for the preamp. The Power amp had the matched set of Sylvania 6BQ5 Baldwin Organ Stock. Played on it for years and still going when I sold it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom