7900gt 512mb ($360) or 7900gtx ($419 after rebate)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord AnthraX said:
Dangerous?
Your kidding right?

Have you even tried it?

Volt modding my GPU was probably the easiest thing Iv ever done.

and yes Im at GTX speed...and above.....Its not hard at all...

Just make sure you sink your IC's and your good to go.

But if something were to screw up, you would be screwed.

BTW, just noticed the new avataar. It's pretty cool. Also like the quote in your sig. From Happy Gilmore, correct?

Lord AnthraX said:
Dangerous?
Your kidding right?

Have you even tried it?

Volt modding my GPU was probably the easiest thing Iv ever done.

and yes Im at GTX speed...and above.....Its not hard at all...

Just make sure you sink your IC's and your good to go.
I'm planning on voltmodding my new 7900 GT. did you do yours on stock cooling?
ATM I'm on stock cooling, and I've been holding off the voltmod till I get a VF900.

anyway, which IC's do you sink? all 3 in the bottom corner?

I wouldnt voltmod anything until i get a new hs/f. I think with the vf900 you should be able to get passed gtx speeds.

AnthraX said:
But if something were to screw up, you would be screwed.

BTW, just noticed the new avataar. It's pretty cool. Also like the quote in your sig. From Happy Gilmore, correct?

Thats true haha I mean you could accedently give it 1.7 voltage and as soon you boot up it will fry lol

and yeah happy gilmore is my favorite movie :D:cool:

Orginally Posted by apokalipse

I'm planning on voltmodding my new 7900 GT. did you do yours on stock cooling?
ATM I'm on stock cooling, and I've been holding off the voltmod till I get a VF900.

anyway, which IC's do you sink? all 3 in the bottom corner?

Yeah def wait for VF900. I did mine on a vf900 as I have heard some funny stories where people did say the 1.55 volt mod on stock cooling and there idle tepm was somewhere around 76 degrees.....

As for the IC's Il circle them for you.

You should only need 2 heatsinks as mine cover all 3. but you only need to cover 2 of them and I figure covering all 3 couldnt hurt.

I also did the GPU mod lines. Its a little sloppy and your best bet is to look online somewhere else for a higher res pic.:D Hey I tried

and of course the GT equiped with el vf900 and heatsinks! :D

to Sum it up its pretty easy if you just know what your doing and dont act stupid :)

Lord AnthraX said:
Thats true haha I mean you could accedently give it 1.7 voltage and as soon you boot up it will fry lol

and yeah happy gilmore is my favorite movie :D:cool:

Yeah def wait for VF900. I did mine on a vf900 as I have heard some funny stories where people did say the 1.55 volt mod on stock cooling and there idle tepm was somewhere around 76 degrees.....

As for the IC's Il circle them for you.
*pic*

You should only need 2 heatsinks as mine cover all 3. but you only need to cover 2 of them and I figure covering all 3 couldnt hurt.

I also did the GPU mod lines. Its a little sloppy and your best bet is to look online somewhere else for a higher res pic.:D Hey I tried

and of course the GT equiped with el vf900 and heatsinks! :D
*pic*

to Sum it up its pretty easy if you just know what your doing and dont act stupid :)
thanks for circling the IC's in the pic. I was looking on xtremesystems and they didn't make it clear which IC's exactly you should heatsink, they just had a pic of them all.

anyway, did you do the mod to increase the switching frequency? (put a 100k ohm resistor in paralell with one on the card, or do a pencil mod)

No problem :)

No I didnt do any pencil stuff like that. I just did the Conductive pen Mod and thats it :)

After that 1.4 volt mod, im now Im cruising at 780/880 :D

780MHZ at 1.4V, that's great. on xtremesystems most people got around 720MHZ with 1.55V and a switching frequency mod.

maybe I'll try 1.4 first, then try 1.55, and see which one I can get better clocks with.
anyway, I'm aiming for at least 750, but I'll be happy with over 700

oh my god hahaha wow what a mistake.

680!!! oops:D

haha Yeah I would go easy at first....

going to is 1.5V is pushing the buck type VRM and may require more extensive rework, that's what i've heard.....so go easy at first.

But yeah 680 is high for 1.4...wow 780 people must think im a fool:p...

I might be going to 1.5 but im not sure as its benifts arent as great.....I might...il have to read some more on it....Apok keep us posted if you do a mod, id like to hear your results and compare and such.

All I know is after doing the GPU volt mod my memory would break 900 like it used to. I read this was common. any way yeah :)

I'm not so concerned about the memory. without cooling or volt mods it can get 900 (I think I got lucky with this card)
though the memory doesn't make a big difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom