7800Gtx 512mb for $$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brtnboarder495 said:
There is absolutely no reason anyone would buy the 7800GTX 512, unless their a Nvidia fanboy, or just plain stupid.

Do you happened to have a suggestion or just a negative comment Mr. 1GHz

So what if Iam a Nvidia Fanboy sorry I stay with a good company and dont buy from Ati becuase I've had problems with one of their cards and never went back.If that means I gotta pay the few extra bucks then so be it.

First of all, it's a mobile CPU

Second, it's about as powerful as A Pentium M 1.4ghz. Everyone knows you don't compare a Pentium M to a Pentium 4 in performance, just like you can't compare an Intel CPU to an AMD CPU directly based on stats, you need benchies. Lastly, it's three years old and was at the end of it's cycle. Just wondering buddy, what's your system like? Those who live in glass houses don't throw stones.

Moving along ... what I said is plain true. The X1900XTX beats the 7800GTX 512 in all games except for BF2 I believe, or that FPS that was heavily optimized for Nvidia. Even when it does lose, the X1900XTX falls short of a FPS or two. Also, the X1900XTX is around $100 cheaper. ATI's X1K series cards also have better image quality than Nvidia's Geforce 7 series. I read in an article a few months ago as well, that the 7800GTX 512 has a "lifespan" half of it's "slower version", the 256mb version.

And don't think this is bias, because I usually find Nvidia's cards to be better.

I'm running an AMD 64 3400+ but soon to be a 4000+ waiting for the new stuff to come out so i can build for cheaper prices

its a S754 : / waiting for the am2 to buy a 939 4000. 2.2GHz 1mb L2 cache. want my serial too?

BennyV04988 said:

I've read two of your ignorant posts so far, and I think you should shut up if all you are wanting to do is bash, especially when you don't know what you're talking about.

But wow, 2 7800GTX 512mb's in SLi? Holy crap! I'd love to see that in action.

He was Nvidia bashing so i was just standing up for the winner. Represent. Sorry I really wasn't trying to be an *******. However I think I have a more powerful machine than anyone here though and its sicker than 2x 7800GTX 512s....as *****in as that does sound....

Mines faster...

Evil Eyes

My Start-Up experience...

Computers are great...but so is doing 125MPH.

Brtnboarder495 said:
First of all, it's a mobile CPU

Second, it's about as powerful as A Pentium M 1.4ghz. Everyone knows you don't compare a Pentium M to a Pentium 4 in performance, just like you can't compare an Intel CPU to an AMD CPU directly based on stats, you need benchies. Lastly, it's three years old and was at the end of it's cycle. Just wondering buddy, what's your system like? Those who live in glass houses don't throw stones.

Moving along ... what I said is plain true. The X1900XTX beats the 7800GTX 512 in all games except for BF2 I believe, or that FPS that was heavily optimized for Nvidia. Even when it does lose, the X1900XTX falls short of a FPS or two. Also, the X1900XTX is around $100 cheaper. ATI's X1K series cards also have better image quality than Nvidia's Geforce 7 series. I read in an article a few months ago as well, that the 7800GTX 512 has a "lifespan" half of it's "slower version", the 256mb version.

And don't think this is bias, because I usually find Nvidia's cards to be better.

Actually it performs better in Battlefield 2

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2679&p=7

This shows direct comparisons between the X1900XT/X, X1800XT, and the 7800 GTX 512.

If you look at the percentage at FEAR you really see the 48 shader proccesses really shows it's true potential. It is from 58% -80% faster then the 7800 GTX 512. (below the chart are different resolutions, move your mouse over them to see the different charts). It keeps right on par with the 512 on Quake 4 (because the Doom 3 engine isn't very shader intensive like FEAR is, so Quake Wars and Pray will run slightly better on the GTX 512).

And it performs better then the 512 with more AA which ATI has always excelled at.

And like I've been saying the drivers (although much better then the Xxxx series) still has problems and is holding the hardware back, the reason why BW2 performs much less then the GTX512 and nvidia cards is because of a bug and a new patch which is under evaluation should fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom