5.2GHz Pentium 4 660

Status
Not open for further replies.
The PS3 will use the Cell processor being made by IBM. From what I've read on it, it is almost scary.

Their will be many Cell processors in the PS3, so i dont think you can say a 4.ghz processor. Or maybe thats overall its total operating frequencey. I wonder what else they will use with the PS3 technology.

Does anyone remember when they released the old P3 900MHz?

Ah... those were the days. :p

Oh yea, AMD is totally gonna whip that Pentium bad boy in the near future I predict. ;) (I mean, they always do)

-x86

waynejkruse10 said:
and supposedly the XBOX 2 will run on dual IBM power PC chips (the ones in the G5)

Not 2, they say it will run on 3.

Do you know how happy i will be if consoles EVER beat out my PC in processing or graphics? Very, very angry.

If consoles ever get ahead, it'd be for a brief time because then they'd adopt whatever 'ground breaking' technology was used for the console and put it into PC's.

Your computer can do a lot of things, consoles are designed entirely to run games. If you put every last bit of your computers power into running a game it could be insane too, but you got windows and all it's services having to be run as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom