4890 or 5770?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDiceman

Space Ninja Pirate
So with the turn of the new year and new games on the horizon I foresee a need for a new computer. I already know what I am going to get for everything but the GPU. I am currently running a 3870 so it will not take much to see an improvement, however I am working with a budget and really do not want to spend over $200 or so on a video card. That being the case I am debating between the 4890 for overall performance for my dollar or the 5770 which, while not on par with the 4890 performance wise, is still a decent card (especially compared to my current setup) and gives me the option for DX11. Opinions?

I would probably go with the 5770 now and buy a good aftermarket cooler for it later on down the road and overclock it when I needed more power.

Can't go wrong with either, but the 4890 is my personal preference. Too much of a power difference... i think the 5770 should be priced cheaper, something around the 5750 and the 5750 should be like what the 4850 is now. that way they can phase out the 4 series with the 5 series, but with current prices, i'd pick the 4850 over the 5750 and the 4890 over the 5770.

I was thinking the same thing, I went with the 5770 because of DX11, and the HDMI ports on it. I can hook up a TV now and use my computer to play blu rays on it.

and like someone said earlier, 5770's will be easier to find when you crossfire them and you'll get amazing performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom