3G Network Speed Test Show Verizon as Fastest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually.

The problem with AT&T's network isn't the fact that it's slower than all the other networks. It's about the area it's deployed in.

AT&T's main problem for a while was getting out 3G support. They were pooling billions of dollars into towers all over the place to cover as much of the country as possible, while other companies were working on beefing up their network speed in the areas they already had covered. So speed wasn't exactly AT&T's priority, coverage was.

Now they've shifted their gaze to pushing out 3G on as many areas as possible while still expanding the coverage, and it's going slow. VZW has had EVDO out in more places for a lot longer, so they've had time to work with it. Sprint and T-Mobile have such crappy coverage in comparison, it was pretty simple for them to push their money into beefing up their network without having too much area to cover.

So basically, AT&T has less 3G coverage and speeds but a wider spread of coverage, while Verizon has more EVDO coverage, but less of a spread.

Now as to the fastest claim, it is a bit misleading considering they don't have as much 3G coverage. BUT. If you take the best AT&T 3G speed and compare it to the best VZW EVDO speed, pretty sure AT&T will win, considering it has HSDPA deployed in some major metropolitan areas.

when I'm in Ottawa ( Canadian capital) my iPhone is faster on the web then the current junker dell p4 i am using. and my 3g speeds are faster then when the phone is on wifi right next to router, and i have a 10mbps connection. i have never used Verizon or any other brand as in canada at&t has a monopoly on 3g, they have two service providers to choose from which is nice there is rogers or fido, i used to be with rogers but was very unsatisfied with what i got for 80 a month compared to the 55 i pay with fido.
bell has 3g as well but it is much slower then fido or rogers so at&t in candian adds do claim to have canadas fastest network lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom