24 : Redemption & Season 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
The trailer for 24 : Redemption
Orginally this was suppose to be the 24 the movie, however because of the writers strike, they are bringing it out on TV instead to keep 24 views happy this year.

The storyline takes place on Inauguration Day for the next U.S. President, Allison Taylor. Since season 6, Jack Bauer been wandering the earth trying to find peace. Instead he gets caught up in a military coup in South Africa.

This will be on TV November 23, 2008. And 2 days later there will be Extended DVD Release of the movie.

After that, we need to wait until Janary 13 2009 for 24 : Season 7. They have release the trailer here.
From what looks like, Jack is no longer part of CTU. He's currently taking a job in Washinton DC. He going up against a internet-based terrorist organization who is systematically taking over the United States. And it look like Tony Almeida come back from the dead, however this time he's one of the terrorist.

I am looking forward to watching this show. 24.. I love this show and I hate it at the same time. I really do enjoy the contant Terror/Counter Terror Action as well as some of the political back stabbing. However i do hate the drama that pops up at same time too. Especially from Cloe O'Brian which looks like they have in for another season.

Anyways, i am looking forward to this.

I was probably the biggest 24 fan in the world, but last season ****ed me off too much. All they did was rehash and recycle all the stories they had done in the previous 5 seasons.

However, venting over with, I think this next season will incorporate some cool stories and it sounds like they have finally started listening to the viewers. Redemption looks very cool and with CTU gone and Jack out of LA I think this series can definitely go to good places. I did think they had an awesome opportunity last season though. They could have had the whole season be Jack trying to escape execution in China...that would be a fun filled day!!!

My wife has started going back through the old seasons of 24. She isn't being too intense about it, but she plans on having all of them watched before the new season hits. I told her about the movie, but I am pretty sure she thinks it will be right before the season hits instead of in November. It'll be a nice little surprise for her. ;)

Tell her she can skip Season 6...it's just like watching 1-5 all over again...haha. The bad thing about 24 is they keep writing themselves into holes. They kill off good characters and stuff then just have to rely solely on Jack. Don't get me wrong...Jack is 24...but it gets kinda old after a while.

Just finished watching Season 6 last night. The entire plot with the terrorist letting off nukes was great. The plot where Jack was chasing the Chinese and the Russians about to go to war with the USA over a piece of circuitry was where it fell apart.

My wife has started going back through the old seasons of 24. She isn't being too intense about it, but she plans on having all of them watched before the new season hits. I told her about the movie, but I am pretty sure she thinks it will be right before the season hits instead of in November. It'll be a nice little surprise for her. ;)

You think she be able to do it in time? It look me about 6 months to go throught season 1 to 6.
Mind you, a trick that my friend does if he want to watch an entire season in a short period of time. He plays them at x1.2 as it saves him about 20% of his time and it really is not that noticable that you are watching it at a faster speed.

Tell her she can skip Season 6...it's just like watching 1-5 all over again...haha.

Season 6.... watch the 3/4 of the season. It was good until they recover the nukes.

The bad thing about 24 is they keep writing themselves into holes. They kill off good characters and stuff then just have to rely solely on Jack. Don't get me wrong...Jack is 24...but it gets kinda old after a while.
Yes. The show was pretty much uncomplicated until the end of Season 4 where Jack has to disappear.
And then Season 5 where they killed off Michelle Dessler, David Palmer, Tony Almeida and Edgar Stiles.
The other problem that the writer will have the Jack's Age and the the 24 time line

Season 1 - March 2004 - Jack's Age 38
Season 2 - September/October 2005 - Jack's Age 39
Season 3 - September/October 2008 - Jack's Age 42
Season 4 - March/April 2010 - Jack's Age 44
Season 5 - September/October 2011 - Jack's Age 45
Season 6 - May/June 2013 - Jack's Age 47
Season 7 - Spring 2017 - Jack's Age 51

Jack Bauer is aging faster than Kiefer Sutherland. Most of the time it's the other way around actors and the characters they play. Jack's ages is just going to put him to be too old to be believably chancing around terrorist. Like surely should he be moving up to some sort of admin role and let some one else do field work.
With the rate that Jack is aging with all the season, i say by season 10, CTU is going to be a retirement village and Jack is going to be chasing terrorist around in a wheel chair.

Like what that line from the Lethal Weapon... "I am getting to old for this $#!+"

haha...nice analysis! I've never really thought about the age thing, but you're right.
I have my mom to thank. On the week end she was commenting that she enjoy reading Clive Cussler books.
Mom :- Nothing helps an airplane trip pass by like a Clive Cussler books.
Myself :- Clive Cussler .... that's that modern Indiana Jones type .... Dirk Pitt.
Mom :- Yes. However not any more. Problem with Dirk Pitt was that he was as the books went on, he was getting older and older. And now it's his kids that are doing all the treasure hunting.

LOL! It's like a lot of comic books that I read. Here I am reading X-Men. Since the first issue of X-Men, there must of been at least 3 generations of school students to go through Xavaier's School for the Gifted and yet there is no real change with it comes down to Cyclops, Colulous, Storm and alot of the other classic characters.

Their mutations stop them from aging....guessing.

Did they kill off Kim Bauer? I never watched the show. But i like Elisha Cuthbert. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom