2.1 Speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.
right on 003... when have I ever said that my studio monitors are hooked up to my PC (which they aren't)? I have an el cheapo Altec Lansing 2100 system.

EricB said:
it looks like you plan on " rockin the house"

yeah i dunno why they had a special holiday sale and took 100 bucks off but i had to jump on that offer without thinkin

Crysalis said:
right on 003... when have I ever said that my studio monitors are hooked up to my PC (which they aren't)? I have an el cheapo Altec Lansing 2100 system.
when did I ever say I was talking about you?

Lmao, look I really wanted these speakers (I already had a few in mind) but I had to get new ones before the New Years Eve party, my cousins chill in my room ya kno.

All that was available in STORE (not online) was these at around 40% off.

And yes, I guess I don't have to listen to others as long as I'm satisfied, but it's alright. I just felt somewhat insulted, I wanted compromise not just looks. I'm going to start working soon, before I get a new set of high end speakers, I'm going to upgrade my sound card...see it's not all about the looks lols.

NewCents05 said:
yeah i dunno why they had a special holiday sale and took 100 bucks off but i had to jump on that offer without thinkin

I hear that. I was going to head down there saturday, but I got sidetrack when I was buying my new computer monitor. it too me 5-6 hours to find one, so that cut into heading to dayton

yeah it was the special 12 days of christmas sale and each day they had some items that were insanely price cut. but im sure the prices will drop down again after the holidays

Crysalis said:

ignore him. you ever notice that he always got something stupid to say?

he is just being a hypocrite.

before he showed up on the set, we would always steer people to good clean sound. most american don't know what that is as they like boomy bright and distorted sound. we are just trying to open people eyes up to new things.

but this man come on here attacking everybody that has a system that cost 5 grand or less when the simple fact is, he has just bought, the me-too richie bit_ch stuff. his musical taste is from word of mouth (something that he heard his friend say. notice I left the s off of friends). he can't even draw his own opinion. he goes by what he has heard other people say

then he has the nerve to accuse us of doing what he does

003 said:
Dude, whatever they say is fact straight from the bible! Owning low cost active studio monitors in a computer room placed in close proximity with the walls (and plugged into the same power strip/outlet as the computer), probably with the drywall walls using an Audigy2 ZS as a dedicated source makes you an ub3r audio god after all!

I personally think that he's referring to me (everything up here is me, with the exception of having the drywall wall), but I don't give a sh_it. he's jealous that he doesn't have my knowledge

Edit. I guess that I have to explain myself to jerks like him.

for one. Can anybody ever mention a time when I said computer speakers are superior? nope

My version to having high end sound for a computer system was to hook it up to seperates (stereos, amp and speakers). Isn't that how I've have been doing it around here forever fellas? yep

However I know that isn't an option for people around here, because that costs will run into the thousand of dollars. I did pay 50 buck for computer speakers for background (not critical) listening.

But I come to learn to use low costs studio monitors with a powered sub for decent and even critical listening (not too critcital though as most of my music on the computer are 320kbps mp3 files. my favorite songs are ripped to 448kbps AAC or 1411kbps wav files) and that's advice I can give to people here and they can afford that option.

you can get 2 powered studio moniters for 200-300 bucks. you can then order "the world best 100 dollar sub" from parts express. throw in an audigy sound card, Bam, you are now high end on the cheap

it will sound better then your overly bloated expensive speakers 003, that you purchase because they sounded good to your friend.

P.s. 003, get you some drywall. it will tame those midrange peaks that you are experiencing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom